Our pop-up at Square One Food District!
I wasn't sure what to expect when I accepted the offer for a 16-day Square One pop-up. We have done pop-ups before, but oh my, this turned out way different.
- We sold 1,000+ madeleines, 900+ cake slices!
- Our small but mighty team of 3 had 14+ hour workdays every day
- We served over 1,400 of you
Every time Soft Dough Co. reaches a new milestone, it takes me a while to let it sink in. I think it's because I'm already thinking of what's next and what we could have done better (lots, trust me lol). But as I reflect on these 16 days, I realized how many of you came out to support us. Many visited multiple times, and we also made friends with folks working at the mall!
Here are a few fun highlights:
- "Is this a sample? Can I try it?" People kept asking about our days-old display slices (they were actually frozen and coated in hairspray...LOL)
- "She's famous!" A customer said this about me on his way out, referring to our blogTO feature (I could only hope to be Claire Saffitz one day!)
- Keeping our enemies close: We were across from Uncle Tetsu, and their staff came over a few times to buy, well, our cheesecake haha
That's a wrap for now. We're planning a December pop-up, so stay tuned on our Instagram!